Women in Science
Moderated by  Laura Hoopes
Posted on: March 8, 2011
  |  
Posted By: Ilona Miko

TODAY is International Women's Day

Aa Aa Aa

Greetings, forum readers!

Today is the 100th International Women's Day. Who knew there had been 100 of these? In 1911, Austria, Germany, Denmark and Switzerland officially declared a day in honor of women. Since then, many more countries have adopted it, offically or unofficially. In fact, did you know that today in China and Russia it's officially a nation-wide day off to honor women and their roles in family, as well in the public sphere? It's a good time to look both backward and forward.

Why not take a moment today to thank yourself and those around you for their particular efforts those who have trained you, inspired you, worked for you, or simply stood by you. I know I will be!

Read more about International Women's Day here, at the I W D website.

Cheers,

ilona

Comments
2  Comments  | Post a Comment
Community

I wish I had seen this on the day itself. I had a lot of women mentors and I think I'll email to thank them for their help and inspiration.

Community

Very cool, Ilona! I've had many women to thank for being where I am, and one of them is...you! Best,
Laura Hoopes

Scitable by Nature Education Nature Education Home Learn More About Faculty Page Students Page Feedback